
Today was our fingerprinting appointment for our I600A, which we have been waiting 3 weeks for. We were initially glad it was scheduled for noon, so Bryan could slip away at lunch. We had no idea what to expect, and the plan was to meet there. Well, I couldn't find the place and had to stop to ask for directions. I was panicked when I got there 10 minutes late, afraid they would tell me I'd have to reschedule. Turns out there was a waiting room full of people with appointments at noon. We were given numbers and sat and waited...and waited...

Around 12:30, in walks Twins pitcher Carlos Silva! He happened to be scheduled to start tonight. Guess who didn't have to wait in line? Carlos Silva. Guess who waited almost 2 hours? We did!
Lesson learned: bring a good book!
Hi Joy,
ReplyDeleteI found your blog through the AoH yahoo group and I just wanted to say 'hi'. My husband and I are also in the beginning stages of adoption through AoH. We are waiting on our I-600a approval so we can finally be eligible for a referral. I just had to laugh when I read this post because I had the same sort of experience waiting for my fingerprints to be taken.... looong wait and no reading material! Arghhh. I wish your appointment had been before mine so I could have been warned! At least then I would have packed my book! :)
I'll be back to check on where you are in your process. I'm so glad there are a few of us in the same place so we can share our journeys. Blessings to you!
Amber G.
www.skywardjourney.wordpress.com