Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Lydia is 2!

(It's taken me a while to get to these updates - still want to keep a record.)
Lydia is 2 years old! At her 2 year well-child check-up, she weighed in at 26 lbs and was 33.75 inches tall. Both her height and weight are in the 50th percentile. We always think that she is petite, but actually it's just that her brothers are not! (Reggie also weighs 26 lbs, but is a little shorter and huskier than Lydia.) Lydia wears mostly size 24 months clothes and size 6 shoes.
Lydia loves building and putting things together, so duplo legos, Mr. Potato Head, and puzzles are some of her favorite toys. She also loves playdoh, coloring and other crafts. She likes stuffed animals and will have a favorite for a few days, but then will shift to another one. Of the 3 kids, she is entertained by the TV the most. She enjoys helping in the kitchen and setting the table.
Lydia has become much more fluent in her language, using many words together to make simple sentences. She likes to sing songs and count (to 10, usual skips "6"). Her transition to a "big girl bed" was easy. Lydia is a picky eater - her diet consists mostly of fruits, milk, and breads. She drinks from a regular cup. Lydia usual sleeps from about 7:30pm to 7:00am and sleeps about 1.5 hrs in the afternoon.

Yesterday when I was changing Lydia's diaper, I was putting on a yellow one (cloth) and told her my favorite colors were yellow and red. Her response was, "Lydia pink!" On Sunday, I let her pick the dress she wanted to wear from 3-4 options. She picked the shiniest frilliest one (pictured above). Somehow, she has picked up that girls like pink and shiny things, but I don't think it was from me. I have never been one to concern myself with fashion, have exactly one pink shirt, and don't remember the last time I wore earrings or heals. I did, however, paint her fingernails for her birthday party, and she will be getting her very own bottle of pink fingernail polish in her stocking.

1 comment:

  1. I think Nadia could watch tv ALL day if I let her! Of course I don't! I haven't worn heels in 9+ years. Nadia loves to wear them!

    ReplyDelete