Thursday, July 7, 2011

"accidental landlords"

I took the kids to the sculpture gardens today. They were only mildly interested, but it was something we hadn't done before.

Brett started asking about the picnic he had helped pack as soon as we arrived (9:30am), so I guess that was the highlight.

I worked on packing up the kitchen and emptying out the hutch and the kids found a new hiding spot.


We also signed with a property management company. So our house is now both for sale and for rent. The property management company calls people like us "accidental landlords". We were not looking for an "investment opportunity". We are just one of a growing number of families who want to move and don't want to or can't afford to come to the closing table with a big check to get out of their house. We'd love for our house to sell - but having someone else paying our mortgage for us until we see a shift in the housing market might work out better in the long run. We're just hoping for SOMEONE to want to pay to live here!

The kids had some spontaneous fun with the garden hose today...did I mention we're getting a privacy fence at our new home?

No comments:

Post a Comment