Saturday, September 15, 2012

quote of the day

Reggie's breakfast blessing:

"Thank you for hockey and I love hockey.  Thank you for the football team.  Amen."

And another one from Reggie a few days ago:

Our discipline approach always follows the same pattern.  Once the child has served his consequence, I/Bryan say "You got a/lost your [whatever the consequence was] for [whatever the child did].  It is not okay to [whatever the child did].  Do you understand?"

Reggie has received many a consequence and has gone through this same ritual many, many times.  So, it threw me for a loop when he looked at me and asked,

"What does understand mean?"

Oops!

2 comments:

  1. LOL!!! That truly cracked me up!!! (asking what understand means)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! That is SO perfect! I might use that example when training others about toddler development because it illustrates so eloquently how we sometimes miss the mark with them:).

    ReplyDelete