Thursday, June 15, 2017

wedan family grows celebrates 10 years!

It occurred to me that I started this blog 10 years ago!  It started with a post announcing our intention to adopt our first child and has journaled our life through first steps, lost teeth - and all the bumps and bruises in between. 

Here are a few facts about wedan family grows:

1. There are 639 published posts, and 59 "drafts" that never got put up on the blog.

2. As of this moment, there have been 57430 page views.  I have gone through seasons of wanting to make the blog private, but finally settled on just making it harder to find. 

3. After the US, I have gotten the most visitors from Russia, followed by several European countries and Canada.

4. I wrote the most posts in 2010, followed by 2011, and 2009.  I averaged two posts per week. Which is a gift, because I don't actually remember those years.  In the other years, I've averaged 2-4 posts per month.

5.  According to page views, my most popular post is the nuk with 276 views.  Second is potty training does not equal potty independent with 234 views.  Third is eyes, ears, mouth, and nose with 207 views.  If you want page views, put key words in the title?

6.  After we adopted Reggie, I temporarily changed the blog title to "and babies make five".  Once Reggie was no longer an infant, I changed it back to wedan family grows.

7.  I have had the same verse on the blog for 10 years: In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps.  Proverbs 16:9

8. There are 979 published comments, with Ruth leaving the most comments.  I have never met Ruth but we have read each other's blogs for 10 years!  My aunt emails me after almost every post.

9. I expect to continue this blog as long as blogger exists and wedan family grows!












1 comment:

  1. I didn't know I commented the most on your blog. At one point I was reading several blogs from women I met on MK's site, but now there are just two (including yours), because the other bloggers stopped blogging. I always enjoy reading your blog and seeing the pictures that you post. For example, I was just thinking the other day about your bucket list plan to visit all the baseball fields. I don't have any desire to do that in particular, but it got me thinking about more long range goals of places to go or things to experience through the coming decades. So all that to say that even though we've never met in person, I feel like you have had an influence on my life. :) I hope you and your beautiful children have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete