Saturday, December 16, 2017

Happy 10th Birthday, Brett!


It’s hard to believe that Brett is already 10! A decade! For his birthday, he wanted a baseball theme.  Since I love baseball, I was very excited one of my kids finally picked it for a birthday theme.  Brett was very specific – he wanted a Joe Mauer jersey cake.  Some family friends accompanied us to an arcade with laser tag and  a ropes course.  Brett got lots of baseball cards for his birthday.  It was a fun day!
Brett is enjoying doing some school at home and some school at Castle.  And I am enjoying teaching him!  We've studied tigers, national parks, and weather.  This fall, Brett took a tennis class.  Brett loves to play outside with his brother and friends from the neighborhood.  He also likes to sing and dance and puts together talent shows to entertain us.  He enjoys arts and crafts, building with Legos, cooking, and playing video games. 

Here is Brett's birthday interview:
What is your favorite color? Blue.
What is your favorite food? Mashed potatoes.
What is your favorite thing to do? Play soccer.
What is your best memory from being 9 years old?  Going to the ballpark in Kansas City.
What is something you have learned to do in the last year? I learned about geckos.
What is something you want to learn or do in the next year? Catch a squirrel.

What makes you laugh? Google because it tells jokes when you ask it.

If you could be any animal for one day, what animal would you choose? I would be a squirrel so I could run fast.

What do you think your life will be like in 10 years? I will try catching a rabbit.

No comments:

Post a Comment