During the summer of 2022, we visited four new Minnesota state parks.
I've learned there are only three weekends it is safe to plan trips over the summer if I don't want to create a conflict with sports - Memorial Day weekend, Fourth of July week, and Labor Day weekend.
Over Memorial Day, I was a little too late to make my camper cabin reservation (EXACTLY 120 days ahead if you want a weekend!) so we ended up going on Thursday. Even though the kids had Friday off from school, Reggie ended up having a baseball game that night. Since the state park was only a little over an hour from us, Bonnie agreed to bring Reggie down and stay with us after the game. We're glad she joined us!
The camper cabin had a little gas fireplace but no electricity. The gas stove kept us warm on a cool night. The park had a nice bike trail and was right on the lake, but no beach. It was a nice size, not overdeveloped, but had the convenience necessities, and the proximity to our home makes me want to return.
No comments:
Post a Comment