Wednesday, October 24, 2007

6 months along...

We are 6 months along! So far, technically, we have not waited even one day for a child yet. This entire 6 months we have been working to fulfill the requirements to be eligible to adopt (about 3 months the result of our change of plans).

But we are getting very close to being eligible to be matched with a child! Since there is no way to predict when our son is coming, we have the challenge of being prepared to become momma and daddy within a couple weeks, and at the same time being prepared for a long wait. My good friend, who I am "paper pregnant" with, always says, "I'm pregnant! I just don't know if I'm in my first, second, or third trimester!"

Here's what we've been up to over the last month:

  • Home study revised from Liberia to the US (completed last week)

  • Sent out an application to An Open Door Adoption Agency in Georgia (last Friday)

  • Put together a Life Book about what life will be like as a Wedan for potential birth mothers to view. (Ann, I really could have used your help! What a nightmare!)

  • Applied for a grant to help cover some of the costs.
  • Registered at target and amazon.com
  • Window treatments! New fauxwood blinds from Grandma and Grandpa "Ardie"!

  • I made a coordinating diaper bag with left over fabric.

  • Bryan won a sleepy football for Brett on ebay.
  • Reading: In Their Own Voices: Transracial Adoptees Tell Their Stories by Simon and Roorda

  • Reading: Insightful Parenting by my boss Dr. Steve Kahn. (Highly recommended!)

  • Reading up on proper hair and skin care for Brett.

  • Praying, praying, praying for our son!

1 comment:

  1. You don't know which trimester you are in? I saw you tonight and you definately have that "pregnant" glow! My guess is that you're in your second or third trimester =-)
    much love,
    Ruby's momma

    ReplyDelete