Sunday, May 10, 2009

being mom

An Incomplete List of Things I Love about Being Mom


Kissing little toes.

Having an excuse to sing silly songs with actions.

Rediscovering the world through the eyes of my child - do you know how fascinating it is to look at things upside down?

When Brett crawls up in my lap with a book.
Pushing my kid on a swing for a half hour on a warm Tuesday afternoon, and not caring about the pile of laundry at home.
Nursing.
Snuggling in bed with Lydia as I enjoy just one more hour of sleep.
Bedtime stories, songs, prayers, and cuddles.
Bedtime.
Going for walks.

Parties and cakes.
Continuing holiday traditions and creating some new ones.
Cute outfits.

Being concerned about the "footprint" I'm leaving behind because I want my children to have a healthy earth to raise their children.
Bathtime.
Having the joy of sharing Jesus' love with them.

Playing in the sandbox.
The perplexed looks I get when pushing my two Beauties in the stroller together anywhere in public...

Rocking Lydia to sleep whenever I get the chance.
Sharing parenting with an amazing Dad.

First steps, first words, first rollovers and other milestones.

Having a "distraction" in social situations where I would otherwise have to be mingling!
Finally appreciating the value of vegetables.

The zoo, the library, and other outings.
Brett's laughter and Lydia's gleaming smile.
Nervously watching Brett dive head first down the big slide.
Playing with legos.
Going to "work" in my slippers.

"My mother was the making of me. She was so true, so sure of me, and I felt like I had someone to live for..."
-Thomas Edison
Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment