Sunday, February 7, 2010

soul food sunday

On this Superbowl Sunday, we decided to cook up some good soul food! On the menu: barbecue pork ribs, collard greens and beans, corn bread and sweet potato pie. It was the first time any of us had tried collard greens or sweet potato pie, and Reggie had sweet potatoes for the first time!

Brett loves to help cook and bake. He helped with the pie and the corn bread!

2 comments:

  1. I've never had collared greens, but I LOVE cornbread and pretty much anything with sweet potatoes in it. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmmm. Sounds yummy!

    A dear sweet little old lady once brought me a slice of sweet potato pie. I didn't think I would like it since I don't like pumkin pie. I almost didn't eat it, but I did and I LOVED it! So good and I haven't had it in a while. Making my mouth water for it now. :-)

    ReplyDelete