Sunday, February 14, 2010

soul food sunday

We continued our celebration of Black History Month with some more soul food. On the menu was chicken and dumplings and pineapple upside down cake. The chicken and dumplings were good, but pretty ordinary food around here (although we used a new recipe). I had never made a pineapple upside down cake and it was yummy!

And a little story for Valentine's Day - early in our dating relationship, I told Bryan that red roses were a generic flower to give. In nearly nine years of birthdays, anniversaries, and Valentine's Days, Bryan has never given me red roses. But this time he did, and I am thoroughly enjoying them!

4 comments:

  1. We loved the Valentines from your kids and we enjoyed the pictures on your blog. Dad got me red roses, too, for the first time in a long time. ;-) Love G&G VH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big cake fan, but pineapple upside cake is a favorite of mine! Your roses are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I TOTALLY forgot that it was Black History month! Usually there is lots of advertising about it, but I haven't seen a single thing this year. I LOVE your soul food Sunday. Mind if I steal it?? It sounds yummy to me, and your pineapple upside down cake looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cake looks SO yummy!! :) I like the roses story, too. It was time! :)

    ReplyDelete