Thursday, June 30, 2011

roadtrip part 2

We arrived at Grandpa's farm on Sunday afternoon, which turned out to be the only nice-weather day while we were there. We had a nice visit, but there's just not much for toddlers to do on a farm in rural South Dakota when it's rainy. All the fun is outdoors at the farm! The kids were troopers and stayed busy with the few toys I had brought along.They also enjoyed Grandpa's dogs. Reggie, in particular, liked giving them kisses. By Monday afternoon, the dogs were ready for us to leave!

There was a break in the rain, so I pushed the kids around in a wheel barrel.During the 2 days we were there, it rained 7 inches. They had already had a lot of rain and flooding in the area. I took this picture in my car the day we left. It was taken on the road in front of Grandpa's house- you can see Grandpa's car driving through the water ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment