Sunday, August 1, 2010

diaper change

It is something that was past due. But I just dreaded investing any more money on diapers...especially for #3, most likely that last child we will have in diapers.

Reggie's dry skin is a constant battle and we just can't seem to get things under control. In particular, he always has dry patches where the outside of the diaper rubs on the insides of his thighs. I am constantly moisturizing the area, but a couple weeks ago it was cracking and red and I could tell it was irritating him. So, I surrendered to the possibility that it could be the cloth diapers I use, put him in disposables, and got to researching other options.

By Day 3, Reggie's skin was healing nicely and I had come up another cloth diapering option - fitted diapers or prefolds with wool covers. I think he is reacting to the synthetic fibers in the diapers I've been using, so my next attempt is use diapers constructed of all natural fibers. I purchased enough diapers to give it a try to see what happens, and after 3-4 days, his skin is still looking pretty good. But it's a lot of work adjusting to a new diapering system, and the diapers are bulkier under his clothing.

If the all natural fibers makes a difference in the skin around his diaper, I'm going to start being more aware of the fibers in his clothing and how that could be related to his overall dry skin issues...

In other news, I was able to renew my school counselor license last week - that's a huge weight off my shoulders!

This will be another busy week - leaving for Green Bay on Thursday! After last year's eventful trip (got the call about Reggie), our vacation will never be the same - literally.

2 comments:

  1. He'll be walking in no time! Way to go, Reggie!!! Have a good trip! My paremts are going to the Steelers training camp next week. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest video!! I love that stage where they are first walking and their walk is sooo cute :) I love how he falls and just gets right back up to chase his siblings around, too!

    ReplyDelete