Tuesday, August 3, 2010

mountain of diapers

Yes, I'm writing two posts about diapers in a row. It basically consumes my life right now.

In two days, we are leaving for our five day trip to Packer's training camp. (And, believe it or not, I am already packing!) Most of the time, we are not devout enough to use cloth while traveling, so here is the mountain of diapers I am taking with us. Six diapers per kid per day equals 90 plus a few extra. Also added to the stack are 5 nitetime dipes each for my boys because I don't want to deal with wet beds. Rounding off the mountain is what's left of our package of swim diapers. Glad we don't go through a mountain like this at home!

(That's about $35 worth of diapers.)

3 comments:

  1. On a day to day basis it doesn't strike me how many diapers I go through, but when we went on vacation in May (which was right before I potty trained Nadia) I did realize the mountain we were going through. SOmething about packing diapers helps one realize the volume involved. That price seems really high though!! Lately I've been able to get Pampers and Luvs and Huggies for about 10 cents a diaper. I used to always get Parent's Choice (Walmart brand) but they've gone up in price, but even those are about 15 cents each (for size 3 anyhow). Well it's not like you need to find a better deal on them since normally you don't buy them. I can't imagine doing cloth diapers on vacation unless it was the disposable G diaper inserts. It doesn't seem practical to do traditional cloth diapers on vacation although I guess people did do it 50 years ago. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diapers! Sigh.
    With us it's one down and one to go, and I can't wait. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- have a good time at training camp! :-)

    ReplyDelete