I am really looking forward to camping when the kids get a little older. Saturday we went on a backyard camp out to test the waters. Brett was very excited about sleeping in his sleeping bag!
The kids helped Daddy set up the tent.
And had fun playing in it while Daddy grilled steak and potatoes.Then it was time to sleep in our tent! We weren't convinced they would actually sleep in the tent, but they both spent all night outside! Brett fell asleep shortly after we went to bed, but Lydia stayed up chattering away for over an hour. I had to laugh when she announced "airplane!" as she heard one fly over us- not exactly the wilderness! And we were awakened by a couple of drunk neighbors swearing at each other (well, I've had that happen a few times in campgrounds we've stayed at...) Brett was up by 5:30 and woke Lydia and I up. We went inside and it was clear Lydia needed more sleep, so she went back to bed for a couple hours.
I'm optimistic we will be ready for a real camp out by next summer. But we'll need a bigger tent!






We sang some campfire songs.
And the kids had their first 

What a special night!
ReplyDeleteYay for toddler campouts!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great and fun idea. The kids look so totally excited in all the pictures.
Looks like y'all had fun! I love smores. Remember when we had smores at the park in Waxahachie. I still have that photo.
ReplyDeleteCarol :-)